“Train a child in the way he should go (according to own individuality) and when he is old he will not depart from it” Proverbs 22:6
Truth Seekers exists to teach children to:
- Tell others about Jesus
- Reach others for Jesus
- Understand more about Jesus
- Touch other like Jesus, and
- Honor Jesus
Using the five tasks of Sandia Baptist Church: missions, evangelism, discipleship, ministry, and worship, the children's mission and vision team chose the word TRUTH to represent these five areas for the Children's ministry.
Values of Truth Seekers ministry
Safety and security
- Environment will be as safe as possible
- All policies of the Child Abuse Prevention Policy followed
- Preschool rooms, especially baby rooms, are disinfected
- Furniture and toys must be thoroughly sanitized after use
- Children will know Jesus loves them and feel loved and respected
- The Bible will be the basis of all teaching
- Leaders will focus on providing teaching that is interesting and fun. Children will receive a warm welcome upon entering the class.
- Class will have consistent teachers and helpers.
- All teachers will be Christians and demonstrate exemplary moral behavior and character
- Children, kindergarten through 5 th grade, learn to worship God best by being involved in corporate worship with parents or guardians. Kidz Connection meets regularly to help children learn best how to worship.
- When children's programs area taking place, children are either involved in the program or in attendance witht heir parents.
- The children's ministry is not an independent function of Sandia. Instead, their ministry depends on and cooperates with other ministries of the church within the mission and vision of the church body.
- Children's ministry recognizes parents as the primary provider of spiritual instruction in their children's lives. Our goal is to cooperate with and support parents in their mission to raise Godly children.